Thursday, May 29, 2014

Faith in humanity, restored.

 It's been way too long since I've written and I have SO much cover so forgive me if I ramble and I lose you, I think you'll be able to circle back ;)

    Since I last posted in February I suppose it makes the most sense to start from there, yes?
       It was a rough one. Naysa was at an all time high of frustration as she began recovering more from the strokes, realizing something happened and not understand why she couldn't do the things she once did. She took this frustration out on herself by punching, and I mean PUNCHING her nose. She was doing this before but this particular month was a bad one. So much so that we were forced to obtain a prescription of versed to calm her (and y'all know how we feel about big pharma) so you know things were bad if we went for it. This month was mainly spent trying to find ways to protect her, soothe her and get her on the fast track to recovery. LOTS of appointments and it hasn't slowed down.

   March:
     Birthday month! Our little bug turned THREE! I wish I would have known then what I do now. The nights I cried myself to sleep wondering if I would still have a daughter the next morning, the days I begged God and made bargains with Him to just let us have a good life with her. Don't get me wrong, we've been through some shit and that fierce little bug has been to hell and back but she is HERE! She fights every day, never showing signs of giving up and bringing joy into the lives of everyone who knows her. She's pretty wonderful, but I'm biased ;) March was also family cruise month!! We traveled to Miami to meet my parents, my brother and his betrothed, three of my four grandparents and Ben's grandparents. It was so great to see everyone and have them finally meet Ryld! Naysa looooved sitting out on the deck, listening to the waves crash against the ship and the warm tropical breeze through her hair. I hope one day we can take her on another cruise, she was so happy and content for the most part (we were there during spring break so she did not appreciate the loud party goers) she even slept through the night multiple nights (HUGE for her) thanks to the gentle rocking of the ship.

April:
  We had a great time with an extended visit from my seester, Regina and niece Ada. Ben was gone a few weeks so they flew out to spend time with us, Dustin (Ben's brother, Regina's husband) surprised us all when he flew out for a few days as well! It was so good to have family around again so soon after our cruise. I cannot WAIT to move back to the East Coast and have that support again. You have no idea how wonderful and soothing it was to know I could run to the store at night if they were in bed with peace of mind that they are cared for and loved while I was away. I have so very few people I would be totally at ease leaving them with out here, especially with how Nay can be sometimes and the particular way we parent.

May:
 I cannot believe this month is coming to an end! We had a nice visit with Mimi and Papa this month and those never last as long any of us would like. Naysa has gained back majority of her pre-stroke ability and her head/trunk control is wonderful! PT and OT are in full swing (though I'm still not a fan and prefer ABM) She is going to acupuncture weekly which has been a huge help and I am looking into Osteopathy. She got her pediatric stroller (Kimba Neo) today and the most amazing thing of all....a brand new, beautiful wheelchair accessible van was so very generously given to us by an anonymous donor. Ben's Master Chief has been so wonderful in being the middle man where communication is concerned to keep this incredible man anonymous. This gift is something we would only dream of. We'd huddle over the lap top and admire some accessible vans, talking about what we could and would do if we had one, the trips we could take as a family (including dogs!) and how much happier Nay would be without the constant transfer from car seat to stroller. The list of reasons we needed this goes on and on. I'm still in shock, I went to check the mail earlier and there it was...the Tardis (yes, I named it! Don't judge ;p) on MY driveway! This constant reminder that there IS still good in the world, that people still care about people. There were so many people involved in this grand gesture and I want to thank you all, I wish you truly knew what you've given us and I wish I had the words to explain. Thank you <3



















No comments:

Post a Comment