Friday, June 7, 2013

Updates, Therapy and OB

    Things have improved since my last post and I thank you all for the love and support. Sometimes this life just gets to me and I let down my defenses. It's a vicious cycle of strength and breaking points. I cried most of that day, impatiently waiting for it to end so I could sleep it off and start fresh the next day. After my pity party I decided to look into more ways to help Naysa. As you know, she's been doing ABM or Anat Baniel Method of therapy in place of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy. I can't say enough good things about this method but it's something that needs to be consistent and due to scheduling conflicts with our wonderful practitioner, Naysa hasn't been getting the 3-5 times a week she really needs to be successful. So, I put in the request to the scheduling department up North, in San Rafael to do a week of intensives with Anat herself and her top practitioners! I am VERY excited about this and anxiously awaiting an answer of availability. We are looking to go July 8-12. It is a pricey little adventure and thankfully some family has offered to pitch in but I will also be holding a fundraiser for those who are interested in assisting our efforts to get our bug the help she needs :) She will have two, hour long lessons a day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. I'm estimating this week long trip to cost us about $2500, so any little bit helps.
   
   On the baby brother front, things are going well! I am 27 weeks along and recently transferred hospitals. Originally I was going with the OB who delivered Naysa because I knew him and he was great with that birth, but he is also a Perinatalogist and we won't require so much medical intervention this time around. He wanted to perform a repeat cesarean section at 36 weeks and I am not comfortable with that. If it was an emergency and I HAD to be delivered that early, then yes...by all means do what you need to do for the sake of my baby but to schedule that?? No way. I told him I was willing to go to 38 weeks, late 37 weeks but apparently he had vacation plans so we had to stay around certain dates. Are you kidding me?!?! All of this on top of the fact he wasn't on board with any of my birth plan or even discussing the possibility of a VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean) just turned me off to going with him again, so I switched! By the recommendations of some amazing strong mamas, I will now be going to UCSD and couldn't be more excited! They are exactly what I am looking for as it's a holistic hospital. I don't have to request immediate skin to skin, delayed circumcision, no vaccinations....they just DO it that way. I had my initial appointment on Tuesday and go to meet the OB on the 19th to discuss possible VBAC, if not then schedule my family centered cesarean birth. I am feeling good, just low energy but with a little bug to keep up with and run all over San Diego that's to be expected. All seems to be well and healthy with the baby but I don't think I will REALLY be at ease until he's here and I can see for myself. 

   Now for some random updates:
  Naysa's Encephalocele repair surgery is scheduled for August 27th, unfortunately it couldn't be moved up so it will happen a week or so after the baby gets here which means I won't be able to stay the night with her in the room :( We see Dr. Levy in two weeks so talk more about the surgery and discuss replacing her shunt with an ETV when it fails, as shunt failure is VERY common after these types of surgeries.
  June 1st our first niece was born! A beautiful little 8lb girl named Ada Leoni :) Benjamin was able to be there with his brother and his wife for the birth. I couldn't be more proud of my seester who had a drug free home birth at 22 years old, brave lady! Everyone is doing well and adjusting to life as new little family.
   Benjamin is still med-down from his motorcycle incident but healing up great so hoping for a med-up status at his next visit with the Ortho so he can finally submit his cross rate package for SAR Corpsman and get us out of San Diego early! ***FINGERS CROSSED**

No comments:

Post a Comment